Venue – St Pete, Florida, USA
The conference will be held at the University of South Florida, St Petersburg Campus, St. Pete, Florida, USA.
Welcome to St. Pete, Florida, a captivating destination that promises an unforgettable experience for GLOBE 2024. Nestled along Florida’s Gulf Coast, St. Pete exudes a unique blend of history, culture, and natural beauty, creating an ideal backdrop for intellectual exploration and networking.
Explore the City: Embrace the vibrant atmosphere of St. Pete as you meander through its charming streets lined with art galleries, boutique shops, and an array of delectable restaurants. Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the iconic Salvador Dali Museum, showcasing an extensive collection of surrealist artist’s works, and the Chihuly Collection, featuring breathtaking glass masterpieces.
Beaches and Beyond: Known for its pristine white-sand beaches and sparkling turquoise waters, St. Pete provides a serene escape for conference attendees. Take a leisurely stroll along the coastline or indulge in various water activities, such as paddleboarding and kayaking, to rejuvenate after an engaging day of academic sessions.
Cultural Encounters: Immerse yourself in the city’s rich cultural scene by attending live performances at the Mahaffey Theater or the Palladium Theater. Engage in thought-provoking discussions and gain new insights into diverse disciplines while connecting with colleagues from around the world.
Academic Hub: St. Pete boasts a thriving academic community with prestigious research institutions and universities. This makes the city a fertile ground for intellectual exchange, collaboration, and the opportunity to forge lasting professional connections.
Scenic Delights: Beyond the urban landscape, discover the beauty of nature at the Sunken Gardens, a stunning botanical paradise, or venture to Fort De Soto Park, an award-winning park with pristine beaches and lush trails, perfect for relaxation and contemplation.
Hospitality and Convenience: St. Pete’s renowned hospitality ensures a warm welcome and seamless experience throughout your stay. With easy access to Tampa International Airport and St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport, as well as well-connected highways, getting here is a breeze.
Join us in St. Pete, where academic excellence meets beachside bliss. Engage, learn, and be inspired as we collectively explore new frontiers of knowledge amidst this breathtaking coastal haven.
We look forward to seeing you at the conference in St. Pete, Florida!
Hosting University – University of South Florida St. Petersburg Campus
Situated on 52 acres of waterfront in the heart of downtown St. Petersburg, our close-knit campus offers an intimate experience with the benefits of attending a large institution.
Along with small class sizes and ample opportunities for engagement with faculty and peers, our students enjoy membership in a top-50 public university, including state-of-the-art facilities and academic resources, American Athletic Conference athletics and an expansive alumni network.
University of South Florida St. Pete Student Center
200 6th Ave S, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Getting to St Pete, Florida
Getting to St. Pete, Florida, is convenient and accessible, whether you choose to travel by air or by car.
St. Pete is served by two major airports:
1. Tampa International Airport (TPA): Situated just 20 miles from St. Pete, TPA is the closest and most convenient option. It offers a wide range of domestic and international flights from various airlines, making it easy to find suitable connections. Upon arrival, you can rent a car, take a shuttle service, or use rideshare options to reach your destination in St. Pete.
2. St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE): Located approximately 12 miles from St. Pete’s downtown, PIE is a regional airport offering mainly domestic flights. While the flight options might be more limited compared to TPA, it can be a viable choice for some travelers.
St. Pete is well-connected to major highways, making road travel an efficient option for those coming from nearby cities or states.
1. From Tampa: If you’re driving from Tampa, take I-275 South across the stunning Sunshine Skyway Bridge, which provides breathtaking views of Tampa Bay. The journey takes around 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
2. From Orlando: Traveling from Orlando, take I-4 West towards Tampa, and then merge onto I-275 South towards St. Petersburg. The drive typically takes around two hours, depending on traffic conditions.
3. From Miami: If you’re coming from Miami, take I-95 North until you reach I-595 West. From there, merge onto I-75 North towards Tampa. Finally, take I-275 South to St. Pete. The drive usually takes around four to five hours, depending on traffic and stops.
St. Pete’s convenient accessibility by air and its well-connected road network make it a prime choice for hosting an academic conference, ensuring that attendees from both near and far can easily reach this captivating destination.
The expected average temperature during the conference will be around: